This collection of examples will hopefully grow with interesting and/or pretty examples, as well as instructive cases.
- Minimal scatterplot: the bare bones.
- Minimal lines: connecting points in groups.
- Minimal surface: bare bones surface/mesh.
- Append to scatterplot: bare bones example.
- Append to surface: fairly minimal example.
- Asteroid orbital parameters: 50,000 coloured points showing structures in the patterns of how asteroid orbits are distributed.
- Mount Beerwah and Mount Barney: surface models with customised colours; click events; doesn't work on my S3 phone.
- Custom points: when spheres or squares aren't good enough.
- Tick formats: customising tick labels with d3.format specifiers.
- Iris: the Iris dataset, shows colours, groups, and showing/hiding groups.
- KdV solitons: solving the Korteweg-de Vries equation, a non-linear PDE, showing a surface plot, setting z values in it as it calculates.
- LIS data: Line graph of incomes with points, grouped by country; transitions between variables.
- Lorenz attractor: Solving the Lorenz system of ODE's, making a line graph, setting the "data point" positions as it calculates.
- PASTEL catalogue: Temperature, surface gravity, and metallicity for about 25,000 stars.
- set_point_position(): a simple use of that function in conjunction with mouse events.
- sinc: a mesh/surface plot of z = sinc(r), with various basic interactive controls.
- Two surfaces: using a row of null values and repeated x-values to create an effect of two surfaces.
- US presidential elections, 1992 and 1996: shows colours, mouse events, writing stored data to screen when you click
on a point, transitions, and fixed axes.
- Waves: animates a mesh without a surface.
- Yield curves: Trying to implement the NYT's famous
visualisation of bond yields. Uses a time axis, mouse events, changes of data between countries. Doesn't work on my S3 phone.
Posted 2016-10-02, last updated 2018-07-06 (version 1.2).